Pages

Thursday, July 17, 2014

This Week in my Kitchen...

Welcome to the Blessed Hearth today.. 
Once again I am participating in Heather's 

I am once again cooking in our Summer cottage kitchen by the Bay of Fundy... 

my summer kitchen...

Lobster Chowder

Caesar Salad with Homemade Dressing

A lovely gift from a neighbor..
Bay of Fundy Lobsters.. the best in the world...


Making more Rhubarb and Pineapple Jams..


Worktable with homemade jams...


Making some cookies.. 


Banana and Bran Breakfast Cookies..

1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 tbsp cinnamon powder
1/2 cup butter or margarine at room temperature
1 cup brown sugar
1 egg
1 cup ripe banana mashed
1 cup cereal corn flakes or other types I used bran because I didn't have corn flakes ..
1/2 cup raisins

Beat butter and sugar till creamy with mixer or wooden spoon. Mix egg and bananas. Mix flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon together. 
Add the dry ingredients to the mixture with a wooden spoon. Add slightly crushed cereal and raisins, mix well till everything is blended.
Drop tablespoonful on a greased baking sheet 2" apart. Bake in a preheated oven at 375F for 13 minutes, until it is golden brown and the bottom of the cookies are done. 
The middle of the cookie will be like a cake, test with a skewer inserted in the middle to be sure. Don't over bake.
Remove from the oven and keep the cookies on the baking sheet for 5 minutes then remove and cool in a wire rack. 



Seafood again.. 
Pasta with Mussels and Basil..


Strawberry Season here in the Maritimes of Canada..


Over 40 bottles of jam made... Yummy...


My favorite Summer Cordial... Lemon... 
Here is my recipe...Here...


A great standby... 
Olive Oil Oven Fries.. 
The new potatoes are now available so the old potatoes are the only ones that make great fries... 
Right?  
With sea salt and a squeeze of lemon... 

Each day I find myself snapping a picture or two in the kitchen - a pile of ingredients, a table waiting for us to gather around, a sink full of soapy dishes, a cup of tea, dinner as it comes out of the oven - simple, everyday moments in the kitchen. These photos serve as a reminder of days gone by and as encouragement to carry on in this busy kitchen of ours when inspiration is lacking.

Hope you enjoyed this little blog hop.. I realize it is not to everyone's taste.. (no pun intended.. grin) but will try and do it every couple of weeks.. 

Thanks for visiting and your sweet comments.. 

God bless.. 





19 comments:

  1. Faye, this is a lovely post.
    Inspiring, in deed. I love to putter-butt in the kitchen, and I love to cook for me family.
    Of course, I make everything with the secret ingredient....love.... *smile*.

    Have a happy , rest of your week.
    K.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Faye, your pictures are making me hungry! That lobster chowder looks like it could be served in the finest restaurant. And your kitchen is so sweet. Enjoy your time at your summer cottage.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was certainly my taste! I love potatoes and now fries with lemon just went on my menu for next week. How is it that in all my fifty years I've never had this? Well, that must be remedied!
    Jam making here too, this weekend it's figs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Faye do you have the caloric/sugar count on the banana bran breakfast cookies.. I am trying to loose weight..those look yummy and satisfying...All your food looks yummy....I am reading your post as I am eating my air popped popcorn.. it is a good thing...I could starve looking at your pics...lol Thanks for sharing your kitchen..and food.. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lemon cordial? Sign me up! And the seafood... oh I've been craving seafood!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Dear Faye, A lovely post today. I love all the enticing photos of your wonderful food.....AND MADE IN THE KITCHEN AT THE SEASIDE COTTAGE!!!!! It must taste extra special after you make it there. I am thinking about your lobster chowder.....YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The food post was a delight - quite inspiring. I fell in love with a snapshot of your stunning cottage kitchen and dream...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh that lobster looks amazing. It must be really fresh.
    You make your oven fries the same way I do...your look delicious.
    Have a wonderful weekend.
    debx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my, how you make me long for the sea! Also, I am wishing rhubarb season had not already passed so I can try that enticing combination of rhubarb and pineapple! We made rhubarb cherry this year, though, and it's delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What lovely things you've been cooking up! I love the photo of the lobster. And yes to lemon! So fresh and light and delicious. Yum.

    Thanks for sharing! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh I adore that sweet kitchen, cozy.... Making my mouth water you are, so many yummy goodies there, Blessings Francine.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Morning Faye....it's me again! Late as usual.
    What a fun post my friend. Every time I look at your pictures and read what you are doing you bring me right into it with you.
    Your rhubarb/pineapple jam sounds delicious. I've always hear of rhubarb/strawberry, never yours. Sounds sooooo good.
    Now my husband would love your meals of seafood - he loves it, I do not so he would be in heaven up by you. What a beautiful lobster!
    Blessings to you and enjoy your coming weekend.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love lobster...I know your lobster chowder must be wonderful. The recipes you share all sound so wonderful...and those fries with lemon...definitely a MUST try! Have a restful weekend, my friend. xo

    ReplyDelete
  14. As usual, your kitchen looks charming and your food looks delicious!!! Have a wonderful weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your food pictures always make me so hungry!! Everything looks so good. I had forgotten about the lemon cordial. Now I want to make some. Thanks for sharing. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, you're so punny!
    "not to everyone's taste".... no! NO, I like it, I really do!! Maybe not lobster... or mussels or clams, etc. Fish, yes! but not seafood. But this kitchen hop thing you're doing. FUN, fun... I'm enjoying it a lot.

    Thanks for hanging in there with it. Now, for me to try this lemon cordial. I'll have to scroll back up to find the recipe... thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  17. A amizade nos faz ver o mundo com olhos novos.
    Feliz dia do amigo!!!!!
    Beijos Marie.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love your summer kitchen. It is such a classic country kitchen with the 'work' table for all the baking and summer canning. I can imagine all the delicious goodies that you prepare here during the summer. xx Pam

    ReplyDelete