Pages

Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Keepers of the Home Meeting ...

Hello everyone.. 
Just a little update on our Keepers of the Home meeting.. 
We all met on Friday night for a change and the girls seem to like the evening meetings better so perhaps we will change it up a bit.. 

We all arrived around 6:30 and sorry to say I messed up the coffee.. grin.. 
But all is well that ends well.. 
One of the Keeper's husbands brought us some wonderful Tim Horton's ... 

Then we had a little lesson.. 
It was called Ten Ways To Make Life Lovely.. 

A dear friend came and taught us how to make an infinity scarf on our arms.. 

Yes....and in only 30 minutes.. 

I think it took us a bit longer... 
Or some of us .. grin.. 


This dear girl helped me but I was sure she was going to give me a skite on the side of my head as I was a bit thick and could not seem to grasp it... 
At first.. 
Then it clicked in and I managed to finish mine.. smile. 


This is a picture that Carmen sent me this morning to show me what she made with her scarf.. 
Now is that fair? 
Just to be so smart at everything.. grin.. 

And last but not least... 


This one turned out lovely as you can see.. 
I think she has a natural talent for knitting.. 

You can watch this on YouTube to see how it is done.. 

Then Carmen taught us a lesson on herbs and made us some tea that is very good for you.. 

She also brought along some samples and notes for each of us to take home.. 
It was on Yarrow and Plaintain.. 
So interesting.. 
Thank you so much Lynn and Carmen.. 
We all appreciated it so much.. 

When we were finished we had a lovely lunch that everyone contributed to and it was delicious as always.. 

This is the recipe I used for the sandwiches ... 

Easy Sandwich Pinwheels


Author: 
Serves: 50 Pinwheels
Ingredients
  • 5 10″ flour tortillas
  • 8 ounces of cream cheese
  • 4 Tablespoons of chopped green onions
  • 2 cloves of garlic, finely minced
  • 1 Tablespoon of fresh parsley, chopped
  • a pinch of Sea salt, to taste
  • 10 slices of deli ham
  • 10 slices of deli turkey
  • lettuce
Instructions
For Cream Cheese Spread:
  1. Cut the cream cheese into cubes and put it into a bowl (I used my stand mixer). Add the green onions, minced garlic, parsley and sea salt. Blend for about 3 minutes, or until entire mixture is combined and blended.
  2. Spoon mixture into a sealed container and refrigerate for an hour. It will keep in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks in a tightly sealed container.
When ready to serve:
  1. Lay flour tortillas on a flat surface. Spread the cream cheese mixture across the entire flour tortilla.
  2. Layer the deli meats on top of each other completely covering the flour tortilla.
  3. Layer the lettuce on top – use enough lettuce to completely cover the deli meat.
  4. Roll up each flour tortilla.
  5. Use toothpicks to secure the tortilla. Depending on how thick you want them, will determine how many toothpicks you use. I was able to slice 10 pinwheels so I used 10 toothpicks. If you are able to slice 10 per tortilla you will wind up with 50 pinwheels at the end.
  6. Enjoy!


Thank you all for stopping by and hope you are having a good Monday.. 
Take care and God bless.. 

Linked up with Stephanie over at THE ENCHANTING ROSE...





20 comments:

  1. A pleasant way to spend an evening! Any sandwiches left? I could go for one just about now :-)
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun!! these Keeper of the Home meetings!!

    (sigh!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to belong to a group like that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What fun you had!, it sounds very goodxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Fay, it was a pleasure for me to help you to understand the art of knitting, also to participate to the gathering of home keepers.
    We can learn so many things new from each other, so let's do it!
    The hat is keeping me warm, but the scarf. ...
    If my grandmother will be able to see that scarf, she would told me :" it is a waste of yarn,"but you know, old time ,old habits.
    I like your blog. Have a blessed week.
    Carmen

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely, fun way to spend an evening. The pinwheel sandwiches look delightful. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your photos and your new header photos . Oh you ladies have soo much fun there and learn so many wonderful different and YUMMY things and ideas . Thanks for sharing , Have a good day !

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, what a lovely way to spend the evening, dear Faye. I can tell from the smiles on the ladies faces that it was a joy for each one there :)

    Thanks for sharing at Roses of Inspiration. Enjoy your day, sweet friend. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That was definitely a fun evening! The scarves look amazing and I'm glad you got yours finished!
    God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, looks like lots of fun. A friend of mine's daughter actually made me one of those scarfs and I love it! An evening like this would be so nice. Something I really miss is the fellowship and get together with ladies to learn new things. Hugs to you Faye for continuing this in your community. If I were half as smart I would start up something here.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hear those scarves are fun to make although I'd most likely make a mess of one I think. :-) I love this recipe for the pinwheels. They would be great for a luncheon or shower. Did you get another dumping of snow last night? We got a foot here. I don't know where the cities are putting it. Living in the country isn't so bad as we have more space. :-) Enjoy this sunny day.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi,
    I agree with Krista ~ it is wonderful you continue this wonderful fellowship. I love how you take turns teaching a new skill and sharing. Very special.
    Thank you for sharing.
    Carla

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your meetings look full of fun & joy.
    Love the scarves.
    Hope you are keeping warm.
    Fondly Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh looks like a great time, thanks for sharing Faye.Blessings Francine.

    ReplyDelete
  15. It looks like a great time was had by all.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hello Faye, Must write down and add to my overwhelming food file box ...your great recipe for the pinwheel sandwiches!! I think they would be fun on a picnic or even for an h'orderve for Christmas Eve next year. It is so good to hear all about your Keeper's Meetings. Sounds like it was a success!

    L...
    S....

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Faye! Thanks for stopping at my blog, and my apologies for taking so long to return the visit. It's been very busy at my place. I have to tell you I instantly felt at home here. Your photos on your header are so pretty and peaceful. I can see that I would love to be part of your Keeper's meeting. What a great way to gather a group of women together. I'll be back!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Isn't it just wonderful to get together with our crafty friends and have some time of creating and sharing, it is so precious to me that's for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  19. You girls do have a lot of fun, Faye. It's lovely to see. xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Certainly fun was had by all! Wonderful indeed!

    Hugs and happy weekend,
    Kelley~

    ReplyDelete