Pages

Thursday, September 17, 2015

Sour Dilly Rye Bread...




Loved this recipe, my friends.. 
Thought I would share it with you all.. 

SOUR DILLY RYE BREAD.. 
2 cups white flour
2 T. instant yeast
1 cup of dill pickle juice
3/4 cups of hot water
Place in a big bowl and blend together and beat well.. 
Add.. 
2 T. olive oil 
1 T. honey
2 large eggs
1 tsp. sea salt 
1 T. dried dill weed
1 T. caraway seeds
Beat into the batter well.. 
Then add.. 
1 1/2 cups of rye flour
and enough white flour to smooth.. 
about 1 1/2 cups.. 
Pour out onto a floured board and knead for at least 5 minutes. 
Put back in bowl and cover for at least half an hour.. 
Separate into 2 loaves and let rise again ..
Heat oven to 375 degrees F.  
Bake for 40 minutes or until it sounds hollow.. 
You may brush loaves with water during baking for a crunchier crust.. 
I buttered one loaf for a soft crust after it was baked for dear hubby.. 
I like the crustier loaves myself.. 

 I found this recipe on the web and now I cannot find it again to link to.. 
I know it was a farm blog and Canadian... 
Sorry about that but I had written it down because our internet and computers have been acting up since we came back home.. 
I think we finally have it all fixed or hope so anyway... 

I found the recipe while I was on Terry's tablet and did not mark it.. 
Hope you try it out and let me know if you like it.. 

Terry loved it and put it together with smoked meats, mustard and cheese, of course but it is good just toasted, too, with honey.. 

Hope you girls are proud of me for posting so much this week.. 
Trying to catch up.. 

Thanks so much for your visits and sweet comments.. 
Please keep it up. smile.. 

God bless you all.. xo


14 comments:

  1. That bread sounds so so Yummy!!! I like my crust crunch also!! Thanks for sharing!!
    God bless
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes Faye, we are very proud of you posting so much this week. LOL! I love the sound of that bread I must say. I only have jars of sweet and sour cucumbers that I have preserved over our summer as we don't grow those cucumbers you use for your dill pickles so I will have to experiment. Thanks for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The bread looks so delicious. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmm... sounds like a tasty bread. I'm not a huge pickle lover, though my sweetheart is. Now, I know just what to do with that left over pickle juice :)
    Thanks much for sharing the recipe.

    Have a sweet, Fall weekend.
    ~K.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks YUMMY ! Thanks for sharing , Have a good weekend !

    ReplyDelete
  6. ✿༽
    Passei para uma visita e fiquei fã do seu blog.
    Aqui é tudo de bom!!!!

    Ótimo fim de semana!
    Beijinhos.
    ✿✿ه✿✿ ܓ

    ReplyDelete
  7. That does look good, hope you have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing, this looks delicious.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for sharing.....a keeper for sure. Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  10. Homemade bread is always the very best isn't it! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. The bread looks so good.
    Fondly Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  12. That site is The Blessed Hearth.

    ReplyDelete