Pages

Sunday, March 27, 2016

Our Easter...


Happy Easter !! 
Hello everyone.. 
Hope you have had a blessed Easter and have celebrated the greatest event in history but also your family.. smile.. 
We have had a great weekend.. 
We had not only Easter but our anniversary also.. 
Thank you so much for your lovely regards.. 
I thought I would post some pics of our family Easter... 
This year we were all invited to have dinner with our daughter and her family.. 
It was quite the day as far as weather went.. 
Freezing rain ! 

When we went out to our car it was frozen up and it took a bit to get it thawed out but away we went.. smile. 
By the time we reached the highway the roads were fine.. 
It was just raining by the time we arrived to Shonda's... 
We rounded the turn and there they were.. 
Dave and Matt are supposed to be putting salt on the ice.. grin.. 
Shonda's house was decorated from top to bottom.. 
Lovely... 
We were happy to see Carter back from his missions trip to Africa.. 
He had to go to work so we did not see him for long but at least we got a hug or two.. smile.. 
These sweet boys are growing up way too fast... 
A little bunny appetizer bowl I made for them.. 
No knead bread made into a loaf and a roll then put together with tooth picks...
I filled it with homemade dill dip.. 
Good with veggies or chips... 
I told them I made it for my little grandsons.. smile.. 
More of Shonda's decor... 
And the beautiful meal they prepared for us all.. 
Thank you !! 
Shonda wanted me to take a carrot cake.. 
I used Betty Crocker's recipe and it was good.. 
We always enjoy Dave's Mom's company... smile. 
We missed our youngest son as they could not make it...
Nor my Mom as the roads were bad... 
Just sitting around and gabbing and enjoying family time.. 

And looking at the view.. smile.. 

Today Dustin and Veronique came for dinner here at home after church.. 
The kids love looking at family photos... smile.. 
And playing games.. 
Michael always wins!! grin..
And Rafe is taking my pic.. smile.. 
He is just so cute !

I did this little craft..


On a hill far away stood an old rugged cross... 
The emblem of suffering and shame.. 
And I love that old cross where the dearest and best .. 
For a world of lost sinners was slain... 

So... I will cherish the old rugged cross.... 
Till my trophies at last I lie down. 
And I will cling to the old rugged cross 
And exchange it someday for a crown...


They called Him the King of the Jews.. 
But up from the grave He arose!!! 

Thank you, dear Jesus !
So blessed today to attend church this morning and worship Him who died for us but was victorious over the grave!
He is alive forever more..


So glad you dropped by today and I look forward to hearing from you dear hearts... 

xoxo



9 comments:

  1. Happy Easter my Friend,
    What a lovely day for you.
    Sending Spring wishes,
    Carla

    ReplyDelete
  2. My dear Sweet gran so loved that song. The old rugged cross. Dear Jesus, thank You!!! Lovely pictures, blessings, Pam in Norway xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Easter to you too, Faye. Our Easter long weekend is almost over and the roads will be congested with families returning from the coast which is where a lot of Aussies flock to during the holidays. So lovely to see your photos of the snow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely day with your family. We had some of ours with us too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely family (and home!)and Thank you for sharing, Faye. A happy Monday to you, friend. Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  6. It sounds like you and your family had a wonderful Easter. I really, really like the cross craft that you made! I want to keep that in mind for next year.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So good you were able to go be with family for Easter! Love your cross display you made!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely photos , Glad you had a nice Easter with family . Lovely crafts and the food looks YUMMY ! Thanks for sharing , Have a good week !

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like a wonderful visit with family. Such a beautiful home and sumptuous Easter décor, a real delight. A favourite of mine The Old Rugged Cross... Take care.

    ReplyDelete