Pages

Tuesday, November 22, 2016

My crazy husband and a bit of crafting..

Hello everyone.. 
Welcome to the Blessed Hearth blog.. 
So glad you dropped by.. 

It was a rather cool day filled with rain and flurries of snow.. 
We woke up this morning to a brisk cold wind and a smatter of snow on everything.. I was filling the coffee pot and looked out my kitchen window and there were four sheets blowing out straight  and frozen.. smile.. 
Yesterday there was a bit of rain but a few periods of sun and a nice breeze so I could not resist hanging them out.. 
Then I forgot about them.. smile.. 
Oh well, they smell nice and will air dry on the racks just as well.. 
The time for the dryer is here once again but I will miss the heavenly scent of outdoors.. 

Today, I finally got a start on my simple fresh Christmas decor.. 
Dried out a pail of pine cones and wanted to make the wreath I had noticed in one of my UK Country Living magazines.. 

We had a pizza over the weekend that Terry had picked up at the store so I saved the cardboard circle it was on just for the wreath.. 
It is not very big but the spot I wanted it for is small..
On a narrow wall beside the closet door.. 

Anyway, you begin with your trusty glue gun putting a circle of cones all around the outside.. 


Just glue the tips and hold them for a bit as they seem to have a mind of their own and will move.. 
Once you have the first row then just continue making circles until the whole circle is filled in.. 


Ta Da !! 
All you need to do is put a wire through it to hang it with and you have a very simple pine cone wall piece.. 
Not really a wreath, I guess.. 

It would be nice even on your back splash under the cupboards.. 

To finish it off I used a bit of spray glue and glitter.. 


Not much but enough to give it a sheen.. 

I also did a bigger wreath for the closet door.. 

A start anyway.. A little one but at least I have a beginning..

Actually, I am very pleased to have accomplished anything as I had a tremendous scare this afternoon!!

As you know I am married to a lunatic.. 
Yes, I am sure I have mentioned that several times before if you have been reading my blog for awhile.. 
I have told you about the flagpole and the country roads and the trailer filled with roofing and so on and so on.. 

Well.. 
This one tops the list and hopefully will stay there as long as I live for I don't know if my poor heart could take much more.. 

Do you want to hear what I live with daily and never know what will happen next?

Ok..
 You said yes, I think.. 
If not just stop reading and go to the end of the post and leave me a sweet comment telling me you will be praying for me .. grin.. 

Well.. 
Dustin came this morning to give Terry a hand cleaning up the yard of some things that needed put away and to get his snowblower oiled and such. 

Last week they had worked on cutting down a pine tree that I love that grows right outside our bedroom window.. 
The wind makes the most delicious sound when it is blowing through the branches of this tree and I love it !! 
Does that matter? No.. 
He must cut it down as it has hydro lines running through it and it could get as big as the old tree in St. Martins at the cottage that I am terrified is going to fall on the house.. 
Therefore, we need to cut it down before it gets higher.. 
What can a person say... right?  

So.... 
Last week they went at it and cut all the branches off as high as the ladder would go.. 
A big high ladder.. 
Today.. they didn't even tell me they were going to be working on it.. 
I was hoping that since all the lower branches were already cut and the hydro wires were free that he would just leave it until perhaps next year or whenever.. 
Well.. 
I am working in here and doing the little craft thing and thought that a nice fresh piece of pine would look kind of nice stuck in the centre.. 
I was wondering where the guys went to..
I couldn't see them in the garage so I go to the other side of the house and look out of our bathroom window..
Lo and behold there they are.. 
Working on cutting down my tree.. 
I expect they are as the ladder is against the pine .. 
 I open the window as they are both on the ground looking up.. 
I asked what they were doing.. 
No one pays much attention and then Terry starts up the fifty foot ladder (I think it is fifty feet) with a power saw... 
Dear Lord in Heaven please keep him safe.. 

Up he goes as far as he can (as high as the ladder goes)  and then balances the saw on a limb and reaches for a safety belt.. 
Oh God, please protect him !! 

No, really I am literally praying this with my nose pressed against the window and it wide open.. 
He cuts down a few miner limbs and Dustin gathers them up while I keep watching.. 
Then he cuts a bigger one and that goes ok but gets a bit hung up.. 
Then the blank    dear man raises the power saw above his head and tries to cut down a very large thick branch.. He cuts on one side and stretches to reach the other side.. 
Even I knew that was a mistake and as I am praying in the name of Jesus the limb falls right on top of him and he falls back with the power saw running and only the belt holding him there.. 
Oh my soul !! 
Dustin is standing below and the power saw could have cut Terry's leg or landed on Dustin and that is all I saw as I go running out the bedroom and out the front door and around to the tree!!.. 

My heart is just pounding here as I write this.. 

I was never so scared in my life, I don't think.. 
When I get there he has got himself half straightened out with the branch coming down and him looking at me like ... 
What???? 
Perhaps I screamed.. I don't know.. 
Let's just say that the neighborhood was wondering what in earth was going on over at the Henry's.... 
I was screeching  voicing my opinion and Dustin is muttering something to his father.. 
I was so mad!! 
Yup.. I won't pretend I wasn't!! 
I expect it was not a pretty sight! 

I came in the house and proceeded to ball my head off and in he comes.. 

Are you ok?  
Can you imagine?  
When the conversation was over he thought he might go to the farm for overnight... 
sigh...
Anyway, he is still here .. 
Well, actually he went out to see our grandson play on his basketball team but he will be home soon.. 

Me... 
I am getting some therapy by telling you guys all about it.. smile.. 
Now you know what I put up with.. 
I am so blessed that my hair has not curled permanently or turned white.. 
I dare not pray for patience because he is trial enough, believe me.. 
Why do I love the man so?? 
Forty-six years, girl !!

Whatever.. 
Just another day in the life of this woman.. 
God is so good!! 
And he forgives me for being so upset.. 
Anyway.. 
The tree is still standing for now.. smile.. 
Thanks for listening... 

I still made supper.. 
This is a couple of jars of fruit salad I made last week.. 
Found some fruit on sale at the store and just cut it all up.. 
Made a light syrup from sugar, water and some star anise .. 
It was delicious !! 

Thanks for listening.. 
I hope I will hear from you.. 
May God bless and keep you all till next time.. 
Hugs.. 


25 comments:

  1. First of all Faye, I am still laughing about your tree, your husband and your poor heart!!! I have a husband like that also, so I know where you are coming from. I am sure it was not funny to you then or now, but I also know you are very thankful that God shows such mercy/grace to our guys! Second I LOVE your wreath and the wall piece. Since I have been picking up pine cones for some craft projects might just see if I can get enough to make me one of both. :) Bless your heart I will be praying for your heart to remain strong...those guys do tax us to the limits sometimes it seems.
    Have a wonderful rest of the week....Thanksgiving coming up for us this week.....and a blessed Sunday. Blessings Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my.......God was watching over all of you today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of those guys lives at this house too----grrrrr! Somehow God keeps looking out for him in spite of it all and He will yours too. Meanwhile I don't have a clue what to do about it. 38 years here of praying and hoping.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my. Terry sure likes to take chances! Did he know that NB Power will cut the tree down and leave the wood? We had several cut down and they had a crew come to do it....safely. :) Maybe he'll reconsider after his close call. My brother in law was on a ladder at his son's house a week ago and it slid sideways from the garage they are working on and he fell with it! He had a severe gash on his arm that required stitches, but thankfully that's all. He's been back up there hammering away with the bad arm too! Honestly. Some men eh? Now Murray is all about safety most of the time and is quite cautious. Your wreath came out beautifully. And that fruit salad looks so fresh and tasty. Have a good week Faye.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sorry about your tree, and I would have been screeching, too!
    Men take the craziest chances; it's insane.

    My own has caused a few 'discussions' about safety and common sense, too.
    Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh My! I would have done the same. Glad Terry is alright, that did sound scary.
    I am sorry for your tree.

    Wishing you a good weekend. Love, Carla

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do know I shouldn't but I could not help but smile about your husband, which then turned into a little laugh and then before I knew I was giggling like a made women. I feel your pain but I imagine life is never boring. LOVED your wreaths, a real delight. I was also impressed with the fruit salad, such a simple but wonderful idea.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Same kind of thing happens here, too. Jim thinks he is never going to have anything happen to him. Just like what happened to Terry this morning. He knows the consequences of it sometimes but ...ah...nothing will...so he'll just take a chance! I am so glad that nothing did happen to Terry and Dustin. In a blink of an eye could cause an awful accident. well, it is good that all is okay. Going to our daughter's for our Thanksgiving dinner. We are very excited...our granddaughter, Tori, got accepted to Canisius College..... about an hour from here. Faye, she got a wonderful academic scholarship. Papa and I found out today. She has worked very hard and deserves it! Sorry for bragging. Our grandson has been accepted at Bonaventure. Both good schools. Happy news here today. Thanks for listening.

    L..
    S..

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Faye;

    I am glad that they (and you) came unscathed through the incident. It could have gone so wrong for all of you.

    Your Christmas crafts and decorating are very inspiring. I am in the process of making a wreath for the door, too. I saw it on Pinterest and am attempting a copy. A pine cone wreath is spray painted red and then a large black bow with trailing ribbons is added on the bottom center of the wreath - the crowning glory is a silver buckle on the bow. You guessed it, a simple Santa wreath - so clever and striking.

    Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Men never seem to recognise Cause and Effect, do they? I have a husband who is very similar, eager o get the job done, but no risk assessment!
    Your pine wreaths are just so pretty, what a lovely idea.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my goodness!!! I would have reacted the same as you. My husband does seem to be very careful when he uses a chainsaw. I think he is afraid of them but I remember my father using them and saying you better really be careful when using one because many things can go wrong. It can hit something and actually bounce back at you or like what happened to your dear husband. I've been married 48 years but anytime that chainsaw comes out, I get nervous. So glad no one was hurt. Your fruit salad looks wonderful. I wish I had time to make some. I have pine cone wreaths that my mother made and I love them. We have a lot of pine trees on our property so I pick them up, put them in a nice size basket and sit them on the hearth by the fireplace. It looks nice for Thanksgiving and Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  12. My husband is called Terry too and also does not always think about the consequences.

    Can I ask if you canned the fruit salad or what did you do to preserve it for a week please?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Jo... Thanks for visiting .. I actually froze one bottle of the salad and just left the other one in the fridge and had a bit each morning for breakfast.. The star anise adds just the right flavour.. Also, I added a bit of lemon juice to keep the fruit from discolouring and added a bit of flavour also... xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my I am sorry but this was soo funny the way you wrote it I have tears running down my face imagining all this dangerous yet comical moment, good lord I would of slapped him for being so silly lol ! I do hope he is more careful for both your sakes next time . Men they just dont get it do they ? lol . Love your wreaths so pretty and as always YUMMY food going on in your kitchen . Thanks for sharing , have a good day .

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks God they're ok. There is always a danger in cutting trees.
    I enjoyed reading your well written story. I read it out loud to my sister. We laughed at time.
    Your wreaths are beautiful. I may try to make some.
    We have no snow here yet but it's coming on the weekend. Take care xo

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my goodness, blessed your heart. So Thankful everyone came out fine.

    ReplyDelete
  17. So thankful all is well, men! !! Grin
    Love your wreath, very pretty.
    I never have anise here, something new to try!
    Thanks for sharing your adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh dear, what a scare!! My fifteen year old son stared a chain saw course last week, the while first day was dedicated to security....
    Love your wreaths. Had to laugh when you wrote about the sheets, I can just picture them. Blessings,Pam in Norway

    ReplyDelete
  19. you are consequently counseled to head for a product after being completely positive. The product is to be had on its flagship site within the internet. you may at once go browsing to it and make the purchases. there are various associated products that might hobby you as nicely since they're supposed for the identical purpose. go for the proper product and get rid of all of your sexual overall performance troubles.For more ==== >>>>>> http://testoupmaxfacts.com/penetrex-male-enhancement/

    ReplyDelete
  20. My heart was pounding just reading your story! God truly was with your husband. What was he thinking? I can relate though.....my husband does crazy things too. It must be a man thing! I'm glad he is okay.....

    ReplyDelete
  21. Yep, it "must be a man thing".....there's one down here in Texas that does some idiotic things!!! However, climbing tall poles and ladders are not in his repertoire thank the Lord!!!! He is not above lifting things that are as heavy as he is.....ding bat......
    Have a blessed weekend and your Christmas décor is looking lovely!!!
    J

    ReplyDelete